Saturday September 6 – Another Fall

Patti wasn’t available for a run this morning so I had a bit of a sleep-in and a lazy breakfast.  Then Trystan, Owen and I headed out to run errands.  We started by hitting the shoe store for indoor shoes for school.  They have the same size feet this year.  Then Staples for a few school supplies and on to Cyclepath to have the new rack they ordered for me installed.  I also purchased lights as I ended up out on the road after dark last Friday when I went on the Critical Mass ride.  Fortunately, I was able to ride in a group of bikes that did have lights, but it made me realize I should have my own.

I chose LED lights with Lithiom Ion rechargeable batteries.  They charge by plugging them into the USB port on a computer.  They have different modes and I plan to use them on a flashing mode when I rode on the rode during the day.  It was very busy at Cyclepath so I left the bike while we went to the mall.

Zecto drive micro_drive_front_3black

For years I have had an upstairs vacuum (for carpets) and a downstairs vacuum for (hard floors).  A few months ago the downstairs vacuum died and we have been sweeping ever since.  Megan and Alun takes turns sweeping, but prefer vacuuming.  They have been nagging me to get a new vacuum for months.  Megan even did some research and sent me links to vacuums she recommended!  Last weekend the upstairs vacuum started making troublesome noises which we determined would only get worse with no possibility of repair.  This morning I found one vacuum that would do both for $200 off the regular price of $500 at Sears.  I called and reserved it.  After a snack we headed back to Cyclepath to pick up my bike.


After a quick stop at Goodwill to drop off a couple of boxes of clothes Megan no longer wears we headed home.

In the late afternoon I headed north on my bike to get in some training for the Tour de Mississauga which is in 15 days. I signed up to ride the 100 km route, but falling and hurting my knee a few weeks ago has set me back. As I set out it had been 15 days since I had my third fall and 23 days since my first fall when I hurt my knee.

I rode away from home about seven kilometres, but it was windy and hot so I decided to turn back. Just as I slowed at the turnaround point so I could stop and do some some stretching I un-clipped my right foot, but for some reason leaned left. Bang! Down I went on the sore knee. It swelled up further, although not to the point it swelled when I originally hurt it.

Dispirited I headed home to ice my knee and feel sorry for myself.



About Lisa Stokes

I am a stay-at-home mother of four whose hobbies include photography, quilting and cycling. I have recently started to advocate for better cycling infrastructure in my community. I am the photographer at the Brampton Quilters' Guild.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s